The 21st century can be stressful. It can be your office work or college – but things are racing ahead fast and it’s turning into a tension-filled journey. We could all do something to get us free from stress. Acupuncture has the answer. Our body has some specific points which are called de-stress points. If you massage these points, it will release endorphins in your brain and make you feel relaxed and happy. It also helps your immune system – so being happy is good for you. Our ears actually have such a point that could de-stress us if we massage it properly.
The de-stressing spot
The Shen men point of our ear is deeply connected to our body functions. Located at the center of the top third area of the ear – it’s called the Gates of Heaven for a reason. Massage it properly and you can feel your body going light as air. Whenever you feel stressed out, don’t keep it in. Start massaging and feel the endorphins bursting in your body – release stress and lead a happy life. Dr. Sandomirsky already has some advice for you.
- Use a cotton bud to press and rub this spot, while breathing in.
- Understand what is happening in your body
- Keep breathing in
- As you inhale, look to your left, as you exhale, turn right
- You will experience a calm spreading in your body
- You can use your fingers to massage around this point
- Destress your body by massaging it properly
- Do it every night before bed for a sound sleep.
Relieve stress by massaging your ear in this manner
Feel refreshed by pulling your ear lobes with your thumb and forefinger
Take hold of your earlobes lightly between your forefinger and thumb and then pull it downwards gently. Breathe out. Repeat 6 times. You will capture more sounds and you will feel refreshed.